Memes are a creative way of promoting literacy with visuals and text. You can create them digitally with Canva, Buncee, and Google Slides. Or you can go “old school” with pictures cut from magazines and writing.
There are many ways to do this:
- You provide the content, and your students find an image.
- Your students apply the content to your image.
- Your students choose the content and the image.
- Your students choose the content and create the image.
- Your students create the content and the image.
- You provide the content and a variety of images, and your students match them.
Create video memes with Flipgrid by adding text and images while recording.
Sites for Royalty-Free Images:
Please use your discretion when recommending sites to your students.